We raise money through Direct Donations, and Give-A-Little.co.nz. Money transfer is secure and guaranteed, and this way we can also keep track of how much money we raise, and keep you, the donor, informed. You can also use the same Give-A-Little website to create your own fundraising page, with the proceeds going to ACE. The donate button below takes you to our page on the Give A Little website where you can make your donation safely. You can also pay directly into a NZD or USD ACE Bank account. If you would prefer to do this, then please contact us.
All donations, or fundraising initiatives are hugely welcome. These go towards:
- Buying urgent items for students whose sponsors cannot afford any extras. This includes uniforms, school stationery, sports shoes, day clothes, boarding items etc.
- The guarantee for the student of being able to continue at school if a sponsor defaults. This is one of the primary reasons for setting up ACE, so that the student will always have the security of their education until it is complete.
- Medical Clinic payments for emergencies.
- General Health and or Dentist check ups.
- Extended family support in dire situations to ensure the student may still attend school. (Transport Costs, Food).
- The small salary paid to Blandina in Arusha. ( The majority of which is paid for by an individual donor.)
- A Christmas fund so that all ACE students can have a small gift at Christmas time, along with a food package for their guardian or caregiver.
As a registered Not for Profit charity in New Zealand, ACE is required by law to file an annual return to the Charities Commission. The return date is December 31, and is available to the general public for perusal.
ACE aims to keep administration costs in Arusha to an absolute minimum, and all cost and time outside of Arusha is personally funded by those donating their time and services.
ACE became a registered company in Tanzania in 2014, and in July 2019 this membership was transferred to NGO (non Governmental Organisation) status,
- Security of employment and access to any applicable social services in times of need should it be necessary
- Ability for volunteers to visit and help in an official capacity
- Ability to own assets ( if applicable) and work with the Tanzanian Banking System, minimising cbanking charges, and contributing back to the local economy.