Sponsorship within the ACE programme is a long term committment.
The main objective of the programme is two fold:
- To combine each student with a sponsor or sponsors who will see them through primary school, ( Grades 1-7) and then if the student progresses satisfactorily, also through secondary school. (Grades 1-4, and if possible, then grades 5 & 6 for advancement to University.)
- To enable the provision of emergency funds through student unaffiliated support or donations to cover emergency medical situations, additional administration and vehicle costs, and to assist if sponsors strike difficulties and default on payment.
A sponsorship covers all or some of the following:
- Tuition Fees
- Hostel Fees in the case of Boarding Students
- All Hostel living neccessities in the case of boarding students
- One school and one sports uniform per student per year
- All text books and Stationery requirements
- One pair of school and sport shoes per year
- One school bag per year
- Transport (where applicable)
- A small Medical fee
Additional costs are as follows and all contributions are welcome:
- Extra Tuition for struggling students
- Medical checkups and programmes ( eg worming)
- Class Trips
- Any extra medical costs that arise
- Additional ACE activities / discussions such as Student – Parent information evenings and seminars
One years tuition , all inclusive, is USD 15-1800 (for boarding). What we do is endeavour to match up a students needs with the best available sponsor, and supplement also with additional fundraising.
If you are interested in sponsoring a student, please contact Vinnie Duncan at email@example.com
Sponsorships can be arranged at any level of contribution, depending on how much you, the donor, can afford.
Mentoring and writing sponsorships are also welcomed. All students enjoy receiving correspondence from their supporters.
SPONSORED CHILDREN 2019
The ACE students have sponsors from all over the world. Having such a broad sponsor base offers a multicultural experience for the children, as many sponsors and their associates travel to and from Arusha, and in doing so maintain contact with their sponsor student or students. ACE students all know each other through attendance at the same schools, and through the close ‘family’ network structure that ACE provides by having a small, personal programme. Frequent correspondence is encouraged, and letters and photos are distributed by email to all participants.
STUDENTS NEEDING SPONSORSHIPS 2019
We currently have several students on our urgent waiting list. They are all in desperate need of sponsorship because they are either orphans, in difficult family situations, or living in such poverty that education is just not an option. In some cases their current sponsors have either defaulted or are unable to meet the full committment, and would like to ‘share’ a sponsorship. If you are interested in sponsoring a student to school, please contact us as soon as possible as per the details on the contacts page, or at Vinnie@duncan-nz.com for more information.
Please consider sharing a sponsorship with a friend, or fundraising through your workplace, local school, or community.